Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dan's off his rocker

The insanity has finally reached my head. I took advantage of my extreme cold tolerance and took a challenge. Very similar to the polar bear dip. Its -23 with a wind chill of -33. Josh says, lets run to the point and back....with only our t-shirts. Now I wanted to do it with shorts and t-shirt, but none of them wanted to. So anyway, once we were all ready, 3 of us stood at the door waiting for the signal. It would have taken longer had I not jumped the gun and started running. the other two were discussing whether or not they should take a test run, or take it slowly. Well, If it was a race, i would have lost, they both over took me. But, i like to think i won. I was less fatigued at the end. AND I ran back from the point while they walked.

This sure felt good though. Its very much an exhilarating experience. I may do this more often...though as it gets colder i will dress slightly more. Gosh. I LOVE SASKATCHEWAN WINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!! must have been the winter walks my mother took me on as a baby....

2 comments:

MamaS said...

...or maybe it was that time she dropped you on your head! (sorry Crystal!)
S

SharpSticks said...

no no no...it was baby vs rocking chair. No one could KNOW the baby was there, although the first *bump* should have alerted me....