Monday, December 04, 2006

BEAT!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I'm sorry i never finished my idea...I would right now, but we finished 4 sold out performances of our christmas musical last night and spent between 4:30 to 8:30 packing up props, resetting the lighting grid, packing up 10 very large speakers, and about 30 large roadcases of various chain hoist motors, lights, soundboards, etc. I'm exhausted. I barely made it through class and chapel.
But on the good side, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Rather than do these huge beasts of events for the tech stuff, I enjoy spending my non-existant spare time building relationships and meeting people. I went from painting the set one day, and ended up as stage crew, safety belayer ( we had people dressed as angels in harnesses clipped into hoists to fly them) , stage manager assistant, and personal assistant to one of the lead actors. I was also offered the PAID position of Lighting Assistant next year. But the best part was now I have new friends.

But now...to sleep before my 4 pm youth min class.

Love you all and i will see you in 12 days.

No comments: